How to clean popcorn ceilings – The ceiling is one part of the house that is often seen, but rarely cleaned. The position of the ceiling makes it quite difficult to clean. Unfortunately, the ceiling can also be dirty and appear kumal when covered with dust and stains.
Fortunately, by getting rid of dust, wiping, and learning how to clean certain stains, you can make the ceiling clean again in the following ways. So this information will give you information on how to clean the popcorn ceiling. Continue to refer to the following article from jyden1 to get the conclusion of the How to Clean Popcorn Ceilings article.
How to Clean Popcorn Ceiling
- Wipe the dirty area with a dry microfiber cloth. If some areas of the ceiling appear very dirty, you can use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe them. Take a washcloth, then pat or wipe the dirty area. Do not press too hard so that dirt or dust is not scattered on the ceiling.
- Clean the ceiling with a vacuum cleaner.
- Use coarse brush attachments or other vacuum cleaner attachments that are specially designed to clean areas that are easily scuffed.
- Stretch the telescopic rod of the vacuum cleaner, if any. Pay attention to the corners, the connection between the wall and the ceiling, as well as the area around the air vent.
- Use a duster. Take a duster and sweep it all over the ceiling surface. Be sure to clean as much dust and dirt as possible.
- You may need to clean the duster occasionally if the ceiling condition is very dirty. You can clean the duster with a vacuum cleaner several times when cleaning the ceiling.
- Attachments in the form of microfiber cloth on the duster can clean a lot of dust and do not risk scratching the ceiling.
- Wipe the dirty area with a dry microfiber cloth. If some areas of the ceiling appear very dirty, you can use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe them. Take a washcloth, then pat or wipe the dirty area.
- Do not press too hard so that dirt or dust is not scattered on the ceiling.
Read more: Sewer Line Repair Cost Quotes
How to clean popcorn ceilings: Prepare a clean cloth after the cloth you are using is dirty.
If you can’t reach the ceiling, use a chair, ladder, or broom with a microfiber cloth at the end.
How to Clean Popcorn Ceiling: Wipe the ceiling clean
Make a cleaning fluid. Although there are various types of products that can be used to clean the ceiling, you should make your own cleaning fluid that does not damage paint, ceilings, trims, and other areas. Here’s how to make your own cleaning fluid:
- Mix 1 cup of warm water, 1 tablespoon of nonabrasive dishwashing soap, and 2 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Shake the spray bottle vigorously.
- Choose organic cleaners instead of products that contain chemicals.
- Spray cleaning fluid to the ceiling. Take a spray bottle and spray the cleaning liquid on the ceiling. Be sure to spray it evenly as you will notice clear patches on the ceiling when the liquid is sprayed unevenly.
- Do not make the ceiling surface too wet. When the cleaning fluid starts dripping, you’ve sprayed it too much.
- Use paint rollers to apply liquid to the ceiling. Look for large paint rollers, moisten them with water, and then apply them all over the ceiling surface. Do this process systematically so that the entire ceiling surface can be moistened.
- When cleaning the textured ceiling, use a patting motion instead of wiping.
- Make sure you have cleaned the vinegar and detergent sprayed on the ceiling
- Pat the ceiling dry. After wearing paint rollers to clean the ceiling, prepare a clean washcloth and pat the ceiling surface dry. The washcloth will absorb the rest of the water and cleaning fluid.
- Make sure the ceiling is clean before drying. If not, you can spread stains and dirt over a larger area of the ceiling.
- If you have difficulty reaching the ceiling, prepare a long-handled paint roller or attach the paint rollers you have to the end of the broom.
Those are some tips for cleaning your home’s popcorn ceiling that can be tried at any time without spending a lot of money. This article is titled How to Clean Popcorn Ceilings. Hopefully this article can be helped and so thank you.